13th Annual Interfaith Earth Month Poster Contest
All Wisconsin Kindergarten-Grade 12 students are encouraged to participate in the 13th Interfaith Earth Month poster contest. Students are invited to create a poster that can represent Wisconsin Interfaith Earth Month. Participants should create a poster with an interfaith environmental message for the general public.
It must deal with WATER from a faith, interfaith or multi-faith perspective.
• All entries must be original works without aid from others.
• Posters must be no larger than 8.5 x 11 inches in size.
• Any weight of paper is permitted.
• Entries on foam board will not be accepted.
• Entries must be drawn using crayons, paint, colored pencils or markers. Computer graphics may be used. Original photos are permitted.
• Only one entry per student will be accepted.
• All entries must have the following information included on the back of the poster or in an attached document: Student’s full name, grade, age, name of school, school address, teacher’s name, school telephone number and teacher’s email address (optional but appreciated).
• Entries lacking complete and legible information will be disqualified.
• Posters must be RECEIVED by Wisconsin Green Muslims (WGM) BEFORE MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2018.
Send posters to Wisconsin Green Muslims, 1845 N Farwell Ave, Suite 100, Milwaukee, WI 53202 or scan them and e-mail them as PDF to interfaith.earth [@] yahoo.com with the subject: 13th WI Interfaith Earth Month Poster Contest.
• WGM is not responsible for lost, damaged, or delayed postal shipments.
• All posters become the property of WGM and cannot be returned.
• Only first-, second-place, and honorable mention winners will be notified personally. The WGM web site will announce the winners.
• Submission of entries constitutes consent to use winners’ names and entries for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes.
Participant entries will be evaluated on how well the message in the poster promotes interfaith environmental values. Four criteria will be used to determine the top entry for each age group:
1. Artistic Merit (use of color, poster design and layout)
2. Poster Message (interfaith environmental issues)
3. Originality (unique, clever and/or creative design)
4. Neatness (free of spelling and grammatical errors and/or stray marks)
For any questions or more information, please contact Huda, Coordinator of the 13th Annual Wisconsin Interfaith Earth Month Poster Contest at interfaith.earth [@] yahoo.com