Some Fares Going Up in 2017
Even with the increase, riding transit is still a great way to save money. According to a November report from the American Public Transportation Association (APTA), people who ride public transit instead of driving save more than $800 a month.
2017 MCTS Fares
- Adult M•CARD Ride - $1.75 (no change)
- Adult Cash Ride - $2.25 (no change)
- 1-Day Pass at fare outlet - $4 (no change)
- 1-Day Pass on the bus - $5 cash/$4 Stored Cash Value (no change)
- 7-Day Pass - $19.50 ($2 increase)
- 31-Day Pass - $72 ($8 increase)
To see the full list of 2017 Fares, visit the special fares page at RideMCTS.com
The end of 2016 will also mark the end of individual paper tickets. Paper passes and transfers were eliminated earlier in the year, but riders can use any remaining tickets through December 31, 2016. Riders can turn in full sheets of 10 tickets at the MCTS Administration Building (1942 N 17th Street, Milwaukee) and receive the value of the tickets on an M•CARD.