Communications & Administrative Manager
Position: Communications & Administrative Manager Start Date: March 1, 2018
Reports to: Co-Executive Directors FTE 1.0
Milwaukee Water Commons (MWC), a project of the Milwaukee Environmental Consortium, is a cross-city network that fosters connection, collaboration and broad community leadership on behalf of our waters. We promote stewardship, equitable access to and shared decision making for our common waters. To accomplish our goals Milwaukee Water Commons has developed three interrelated program areas: Water City 3.0, Water School and We Are Water. The Communication & Administrative Manager will be responsible for supporting our organization’s efforts to work efficiently and for leading communications to increase our community engagement and visibility.
This position combines responsibilities in the areas of external communications and internal administration. It requires the ability and flexibility to provide a wide range of administrative and office support activities, manage social and traditional media presence. The manager will work alongside staff to raise public awareness of our organization across all program areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Write news stories, press releases and other content as needed.
• Develop and implement a communications plan to support the MWC mission in coordination with Co-Directors.
• Supervise work study students.
• Coordinate and maintain our e-mail newsletters, social media and web presence to advance the organization and campaigns.
• Maintain current media list within our organizational database.
• Coordinate action alerts and outreach materials to support MWC activities and initiatives.
• Develop content for fundraising efforts and campaigns.
• Represent MWC at community events.
• Develop content to support strategic partnerships.
• Create marketing publications and fact sheets.
• Monitor web, Mailchimp, and FB analytics.
• Provide general administrative support.
• Work with Co-Director, accountant, and bookkeeper to ensure good financial recordkeeping and systems.
• Manage Salesforce and online filing systems like Google Drive.
• Monitor office supplies and ensure office equipment is in working order.
• Organize and schedule appointments when needed.
• Plan meetings and take detailed notes when needed.
• Keep records of all contracts.
• Maintain and update office policies and procedures.
• Facilitate IT support.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with community partners.
• Strong knowledge of current trends in traditional and social media.
• Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects, manage a timeline and meet deadlines.
• Attention to detail.
• Cultural competency to communicate effectively and hospitably with under-served, vulnerable populations, and People of Color.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Mailchimp, Google applications, Salesforce, and social media.
• Commitment to social and environmental justice and supportive of MWC mission and goals.
• Willingness to learn and grow with the organization.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Work experience may substitute for this requirement.
$35,000/year with generous health insurance and paid time off. Milwaukee Water Commons is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample by 5:00 pm on Thursday, February 8 to: