On Saturday June 13th 2015, 40+ Reflo volunteers helped to build a 40,000 gallon Aquablox (R) cistern for the 30th Street Farm - a brownfield redevelopment transforming an environmentally impacted site in Milwaukee's 30th Street Corridor into a 1.25 acre urban farm incorporating large installment
As a nonprofit organization, Reflo’s mission is to become a leader in sustainable water use, green infrastructure and water management in urban environments.
RECENT REFLO ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Part of the project team that won a MANDI award for the Guest House Project
- Submitted a $65,000 grant application to support the Green Schools Consortium of Milwaukee
- Participated in the Milwaukee Environmental Sciences School Earth Day Event
- Organized a Milwaukee Riverkeeper's Annual River Clean Up
- Participated in the Paliafito Park groundbreaking
- Helped to organize and design the 30th Street Farm project (40,000 gal of storage plus bioswales)
- Worked with the Martin Drive Neighborhood Association to design and then build a rainwater harvesting pavilion
- Helped to organize a diverse Data Working Group to submit a City wide mapping Bloomberg grant
- Received confirmation on our Tax Exempt Status!
- Presented at the SWWT Water Conference
- Part of the project team that received a Mayor's Design Award for the Guest House Project
What We DoWe support and participate in: Green Schools, Green Infrastructure Research, Green Business, Residential Green Infrastructure, Rainwater Harvesting for Urban Agriculture, and Mapping MKE Google Earth.
On July 25th, Reflo worked with project partners to design and build Milwaukee's first community pavilion specially designed for water harvesting. This structure, built on a previously vacant lot, funnels rainwater into a 550-gallon collection system for use in the surrounding gardens.
The Milwaukee Community Map is a free and amazing tool that uses the power of Google Earth to visualize stories never before experienced by general audiences in one place.
Travel to six sites across the city to earn points, explore secret areas, and unlock themed treks. On your journey, hear the real stories of Milwaukee's water citizens. Discover history and green infrastructure hidden in plain sight.
There are currently no upcoming events for this member.